Login Register

Fire service issues warning over e-cigarettes after Cheadle fire

By Cheadle Post and Times  |  Posted: April 09, 2014

Comments (0)

FIREFIGHTERS are warning people not to leave e-cigarettes on charge for long periods of time following recent incidents where the devices have exploded.

One crew from Cheadle was called to a property in Conway Grove at 7pm on Saturday, March 29.

The residents had left their e-cigarette on charge for approximately nine hours causing it to overheat and part of it to shoot out of the plug.

A similar incident happened on Thursday, March 27, at Trent Business Park, Power Station Road in Lichfield.

A device had been left on charge for a number of hours and exploded.

Firefighters from Lichfield attended the incident shortly after midday.

A further case occurred at a property on Rumer Hill Road, Cannock, during the early hours of March 7.

In each case, the e-cigarettes caused some items in the room to smoulder but the fires were out when the crew arrived.

Read more from Leek Post & Times

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters

YOUR COMMENTS AWAITING MODERATION

 
 

MORE NEWS HEADLINES