- Wednesday, July 31, 2013
- Every Week until Wednesday, March 26, 2014
- ST3 4HY
- Love your Library and join Stoke Reads.
• Do you enjoying experiencing new things?
• Would you like to improve your reading skills?
• Do you like reading and talking about what you’ve read?
• Would you like to come along to a small, friendly group, have a cup of tea and make some new friends?
• Maybe you’ve never joined a reading group because you don’t get a lot of time to read at home?
If any of these apply, then this may be the group for you.
Longton Library has a Stoke Reads group this is a reading group with a difference. Every Wednesday morning between 10.30 a.m. and 12 noon the group meets over tea and biscuits. The Group listens to stories and poems read aloud in the library. If you want to, you can take a turn at reading and join in the discussion about what you’ve heard.
Here’s what members of the shared reading group said:-
‘In the reading group you forget about your worries and, well, it’s just wonderful”
’We have a great time. And talk about the stories over a lovely cuppa”
‘My life’s become so full – I have Stoke Reads to thank for it’
The group is open to any adult and you don’t need to book in advance. It’s Free. Just come along Wednesday 10.30—12 noon and enjoy yourself. If you have any questions, please call Longton library on 01782 238424 Sutherland Institute
Lightwood Road, Longton, Stoke-on-Trent, ST3 4HY
Book a Cab
Local World In Partnership with Minicabit. Easily plan your local or long distance trip by instantly comparing prices from hundreds of licensed cab operators. Now you can book the cheapest and most convenient way to get to your destination in cities, towns and airports across the UK.