A WORKER suffered burn marks to his hand after being electrocuted at a building site in Leek.
Ambulance and police officers were called to The Talbot pub in Ashbourne Road on Saturday morning.
The property is being redeveloped into a Premier Inn, and it is believed the man’s injuries were due to the works.
A police spokesman said: “We were called to the building site at the Talbot on Saturday morning. A 59-year-old casualty was conscious and breathing, but had slight burn marks to the hand after being electrocuted by a main electric wire.
“The matter is to be reported to the health and safety executive.” West Midland Ambulance Service said it sent a paramedic and an ambulance to the scene.
A spokesman for the service said: “We received a call at 10.09am to an address outside the Nicholson War Memorial in Leek.
One male was conscious and breathing.
He had suffered an injury sustained from an electric current through a wire.
“He was taken to the University Hospital in Stoke for treatment.”
A spokesman for the Health and Safety Executive said: “The incident has not yet been reported to the HSE but we are making inquiries.”