Login Register

Staffordshire County Senior LeagueSeven goal shock for Blues reserves

By Leek Post and Times  |  Posted: December 18, 2013

AFC Hanley Town on the attack in their clash with Ball Haye Green

AFC Hanley Town on the attack in their clash with Ball Haye Green

Comments (0)

Staffordshire County Senior League

CHEADLE Town turned the form book on its head with a 7-2 demolition job on Premier Division rivals AFC Leek Town.

It was only Cheadle's third win from 18 league starts and saw Harry Smith, Adam Cartlidge and Dan Rooksby all find the net twice.

Jake Alcock scored Cheadle's other goal and Dave Short replied with a brace for the shell-shocked visitors.

Shane Williamson scored the only goal of the game in the second half for visitors Audley at Keele University.

Newcastle Town opened the scoring at home to Kidsgrove Athletic on 25 minutes through Evans Ofori. Nathan Sutton added a second one minute from time.

Florence went ahead from the penalty spot at Norton United through Dan Swynnerton but Ryan Dawson equalised after the break and then Haroon Mahmood put Norton ahead.

Mark Lawton added a third for the hosts before Carrington Turner added a second for Florence from the spot before the end.

In Division One, two second half goals from Aaron Cooke for visitors Congleton went without reply from Ashbourne.

Steven Gallimore and Ant Ollier scored two apiece for Betley without reply from visitors Milton.

Brereton Social Club and Knypersley Victoria shared the points from a goalless draw.

Visitors MMU opened at Foley on 25 minutes through George McMahon.

Andrew Horbury added a second from the penalty spot in the 33rd minute and Aiden Denver made it 3-0 after 52 minutes. Liam Delgarno replied for Foley in the 55th minute.

Jack Steele opened for Norton United Reserves at home to Abbey Hulton United Reserves in the first half and added a second after the break.

Abbey replied with two from Richard Simcock and singles from Ash Wilson and Jack Daniels to turn the game and take the points.

After a goalless first half, Smith scored a hat-trick for Sandbach United and Edwards added a single. Hall Heath responded through Evans, Hinks, and Ormston-Watkinson.

A goal each from Scott O'Brien and Tim Bowyer in the second half for visitors Bradwell went without reply from Silverdale.

In Division Two, Toyan Vassel scored a hat-trick for Featherstone and there were further goals without reply from Duane Taylor and Chris Boast against Tunstall Town.

Hawkins Sports opened at home to Longton Adderley Green through Jack Bevans. The visitors replied with a goal each from James Beaman, Dean Jackson, Scott Barker, Hugh White, Dave Otley and Matt Cockfield.

Zak Barker and Kieron Scotland scored a goal each in the first half for Leek CSOB against visitors Betley who replied after the break through Matt Bayliss.

Visitors Cheadle Town Reserves took the points at Longton, thanks to a goal each from Ben Carr, Daniel Boote and Paul Cornwell.

Daniel Gill scored twice for Whittington at home to LA Holditch and Jack Jones, Steven Wilkins, Adam Richards and Matt King added a goal each without reply.

In the Leek Cup fifth round, Mark Philcock opened for Abbey Hulton United at home to Redgate Clayton on 21 minutes.

Rob Kent added a second on the hour and Isaac Walsh made it 3-0 after 63 minutes. Philcock then extended the lead further with his second goal on 74 minutes.

Cheadle SMU went ahead at Alsager through Joe Price and saw Mitchell Finney add a second after the break.

Ball Haye Green travelled to AFC Hanley and opened through Mike Keates. Eddy Ellis added a second before Martin Stanier pulled a goal back.

Ed Bentley scored the only goal of the game in the last minute of the second period of extra time to put Eccleshall into the next round at the expense of Wolstanton United.


Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters