Login Register

Staffordshire County Senior League latest reports

By Leek Post and Times  |  Posted: March 05, 2014

Comments (0)

MOORLANDS teams Ball Haye Green and Cheadle SMU both tasted victory in the sixth round of the Leek Cup on Saturday.

Mike Keates (2) and Will Boun were on the scoresheet for the Green who saw off Premier Division rivals Abbey Hulton United 3-1 at home, after the visitors had equalised through Dave Iacono.

Cheadle SMU registered the same scoreline away to Norton United from the Premiership to advance to the next round.

Premier Division leaders Uttoxeter Town are out of the competition after losing 2-1 at Newcastle Town.

All three goals came in the closing minutes. Nathan Sutton (85 mins) and Robson Healey (89 mins) put the hosts ahead, before Tommy Smith (90 mins) replied.

Eccleshall's tie at home to Uttoxeter Town Reserves was decided on penalties after ending 1-1 following extra-time. John Lambert put the visitors ahead nine minutes into added time, only for Angelo Enrico to level three minutes later.

Eccleshall missed a penalty in normal time.

In the Premiership, Cheadle Town went goal crazy at home to Alsager Town to continue their recent impressive run. Alex Wood scored four times for the winners in a 6-0 romp.

Adam Cartlidge and an own goal completed Cheadle's tally Shane Williamson opened the scoring for Audley at home to Hanley Town in the first half and completed his hat-trick after the break.

Matt Barlow made it four without reply.

Visitors Wolstanton United went ahead in the first half through Shaun Fuller at Florence. Mark Grice added a second after the break before Jordan Peach pulled a goal back for the hosts.

Dan Brundrett scored a goal in each half for Keele University at home to Hilton Harriers, and Jack Chandler added a third. Hilton replied with a goal each from Jamie Atkinson and Ben Sanosemaw.

AFC Leek took the lead after only nine minutes through Dave Shaw away to Redgate Clayton. Wayne Glover equalised on 45 minutes and then sealed victory through further strikes from Jimmy Garside (49 and 51 mins) and Dave Astley.

Kieron Wayne pulled a goal back for the visitors.

In Division One, Abbey Hulton United reserves conceded two goals without replying at home to Brereton Social.

Knypersley Victoria came back from a goal down to win 2-1 away to Ashbourne.

Coates opened the scoring for the home side in the first half for Ashbourne.

Harding equalised after the break and then Roper netted the winner.

After a goalless first half Liam Byrne and Tom Woodcock scored a goal each for Betley without reply from visitors Redgate Clayton reserves.

Colin Fletcher opened on 37 minutes for Foley at home to Congleton Athletic.

Liam Delgarno added a second on 75 minutes followed by a third goal on 83 minutes by Mark Buckley. Congleton failed to score.

MMU bagged eight goals against Hall Heath. Murray scored a hat-trick and Curran a nap hand. Cattermole, Roberts and an own goal completed the tally. Hall Heath replied with an own goal.

Steve Armstrong scored in the first half for Norton United reserves at home to Bradwell, Ryan Miskiel levelled and Scott O'Brien scored the winner in the second half for the visitors to take the points.

Stapenhill opened their account at home against Sandbach through a Jordan Stephens strike in the first half.

Charlie Rumin increased the lead after the break before Sandbach pulled a goal back through Matt Laden.

Asa Sippitts and Scott Walkman sealed Stapenhill's win with a goal each in the second half.

In Division Two, leaders Featherstone stepped up their promotion bid with a 4-1 defeat of Betley reserves. Benjamin O'Meara scored twice and there were singles from Patrick Pugh and Gary Hampton, Matt Bayliss replied for Betley.

Jack Bevan scored a hat-trick for visitors Hawkins at Hilton Harriers reserves and Daniel Maxwell added a fourth. Dan Waltho scored a consolation for Hilton.

After a goalless first half Sam Chawner scored twice for Leek CSOB against Longton Adderley Green who responded through Wayne Rushton.

Longton FC won 5-0 at home to Tunstall Town courtesy of goals from Matthew Pender, James Vernon, Matt Brock, Dan Keane and Will Hughes.

Jordan Graham scored four for Stone OA at home to LA, Carl Bradshaw replied from the spot and Simon Worthington added a second.

Silverdale Athletic are through to the final of the Staffs FA Challenge Cup after beating Ronstance Edwards 3-1. Pete Kyriacou, Alex Robson and Alex Djukic were on the scoresheet for the winners. Sam Plumber replied.

Read more from Leek Post & Times

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters