Login Register

Staffordshire County Senior League

By Leek Post and Times  |  Posted: December 25, 2013

Comments (0)

Staffordshire County Senior League

HEAVY overnight rain wiped out almost the entire Premier Division programme because of waterlogged pitches.

The only fixture to survive in the top tier saw Audley take the points at home to Florence through an own goal and a late penalty converted by Matt Barlow.

Among the casualties of the weather was the eagerly-awaited derby between Ball Haye Green and AFC Leek Town.

Ash Wilson opened for Betley in the first half of their Division One clash with Sandbach Tom Woodcock and Steve Gallimore added a goal each in the second half without reply.

Visitors Foley opened on five minutes through Aston Buckley at Bradwell, Tom Hulme equalised on the half hour and Richard Jarvis scored the winner for Bradwell in the second half.

Aaron Cooke scored in the first half for Congleton against visitors Silverdale who replied with a goal each from Alex Robson and Jarrod Batkin, together with a brace from Chris Darlington.

Knypersley and Hall Heath shared the points from a 4-4 draw with Hall Heath.

Madden twice, Roper and Ball struck for Knypersley, while Dunkley twice, Sedgwick and Allen replied for the visitors.

Chris Shenton and Kelso Condliffe scored a goal each for Milton United in the first half at home to Norton United Reserves, before Greg Stephens pulled a goal back. Moses Adegoke sealed the win with a third for Milton.

Sam Allsobrooke put Stapenhill ahead at home to Redgate Clayton Reserves., Lee Sanders added a second before Ben Rowley pulled a goal back. Oliver Jepson equalised for Redgate and then Ben Dodd put them ahead. Charlie Rumin brought the score level to share the points.

After a goalless first half, Matthew Fitzpatrick opened for Cheadle SMU but visitors Abbey Hulton replied twice to take the points. In Division Two, visitors Longton scored six at Betley Reserves. A hat-trick from Louis Farrow along with a goal each from Jack Barrett, Mark Frazier and an own goal won the Potteries side the points.

Longton Adderley Green scored five at home to Hilton Harriers Reserves, with James Beaman, Matt Cockfield, Ashley Moore, Nick Reynolds and Nick McGraw all getting their names on the scoresheet. Hilton replied with a hat-trick from Scott Abbey and further goals from Josh Toon, John Broster and Menzie Ameur.

Harry Smith opened the scoring for visitors Cheadle Town Reserves on 68 minutes at bottom club Tunstall Town and then completed his hat-trick with further strikes in dying minutes.

Leek CSOB's visit to Uttoxeter Town Reserves was cancelled after the pitch was declared unplayable because of the heavy overnight rain.

Diglake put Milton United out of the Northern Cup competition at the second round stage by scoring two goals in extra-time without reply.

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters