A STOKE-ON-TRENT man arrested by officers in connection with a number of thefts in the north of the county and Cheshire has been charged and is set to appear at court today (Wednesday).
Martyn Sayer (aged 33) of St Michaels Road, Stoke-on-Trent, was charged late last night (Tuesday 12 November) and remanded to appear before magistrates at Newcastle today (Wednesday 13 November).
Sayer was charged with the following seven offences:
- four counts of theft from a shop.
- driving while disqualified.
- using a motor vehicle without insurance.
- failing to attend for initial assessment
- following test for presence of class A drugs.
The offences were committed in the Moorlands, Stoke-on-Trent, Newcastle and Cheshire. Matthew Deaville (31) of Benson Street, Stoke-on-Trent, was also charged with theft from a shop. He was released on bail and will also appear before magistrates at Newcastle today.