Login Register

Grill pan blamed for fire

By Leek Post and Times  |  Posted: December 12, 2013

By Leslie Jackson

  • Smoke inside the building at the front of the premises

  • Firefighters force their way into the premises at the rear of the property. Inset, the smoke logged interior.

Comments (0)

THREE fire engines were sent to The Smithfield Shopping Centre in Leek last Thursday as smoke was seen billowing out of one of the units.

Two crews from Leek and one from Ipstones attended the incident at the Turkish Delight take-away at 10.04am. The building was smoke logged as fire crews forced they way in to the property at the rear of the premises.

Firefighters used two breathing apparatus, one hose reel jet and a thermal imaging camera to extinguish the fire.

A spokesman for Staffordshire Fire and Rescue Service said: "Two pumps from Leek and one pump from Ipstones attended a fire at Turkish Delight in the Smithfield Centre, on Haywood Street, at 10.04am on Thursday.

"The fire is believed to have started in the grill pan and is thought to have been accidental. The crews left the scene at 12.27pm."

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters

YOUR COMMENTS AWAITING MODERATION

 
 

MORE NEWS HEADLINES

 
 
 

MOST POPULAR