Douglas Macmillan Hospice is looking for new members for their board of trustees.
Trustees have ultimate responsibility for directing the affairs the Hospice, and ensuring that it is solvent, well-run, and delivering the charitable outcomes for the benefit of the public for which it has been set by providing strategic leadership to plan its future direction with our Chief Executive.
This is a voluntary role and Trustees receive no remuneration for their services.
You would need to be able to commit the necessary time required.
Some or all of the following attributes will help to ensure the continued success of the Douglas Macmillan Hospice :
• Experience of working at a strategic leadership level
• A knowledge of the environment in which the Hospice operates
• An understanding of the changing health and social care landscape
• Experience/Understanding of board governance and assurance
• The ability to network with local and national organisations
The Hospice will be holding a special open evening on Tuesday 21st January from 6pm for people interested in knowing more about the Trustee role.
The evening will also give interested parties an opportunity to meet other trustees and the executive team.
To book your place on the Open Evening or to find out more about the Trustee role please e-mail Lesley Hassall, Secretary to the Board at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01782 344300.